Thursday, February 3, 2011

My Little Janitor

My little girl is really getting the hang of cleaning up. Sometimes when Haley goes to bed Ryan and I stay awake and eat snacks. Sometimes we leave our wrappers or bowls out and just go to bed. When Haley wakes up in the morning she finds the trash and says, "trash" and proceeds to throw it away. She takes dishes to the sink and needs to be lifted up to put them on the counter. 
 We have to watch out because some papers we leave out we don't consider "trash."  She will take these to the trash as well. She is helping us be more tidy.  I was tearing out coupons earlier this week when Haley walked by scooped up a pile of coupons and declared them "trash."  I said, "That's not trash." By me saying the word trash she took it as an afirmation that she was doing the right thing. She ran faster to the trash can. After she put them in the trash she looked at me and clapped for herself. Yes, she had thought she was helping me. Oh, what a big helper she is
 Haley likes to sweep and help mop. Even though she isn't very good at it. I still need to go get her a broom that is her size. She likes to help and she likes to get praised. The more you praise her the more she does.


3 comments:

  1. What an adorable little helper. I love when my kids help out too. They're so fun!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haley is soo cute. She can come clean at my house anytime. I need a good helper. I am so glad that you started a blog. Maybe now that we both have one we can motivate each other to post things!=)

    ReplyDelete