Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Doctor's appointment

  I went to the doctor this week. He was glad that I gained 5 pounds. He was a tad worried that the baby isn't growing big enough or at a good rate. He was saying there are many factors that may contribute to this. The umbilical cord could be tearing away from the baby etc. So I have another sonogram scheduled in 2 weeks so determine little Miss Baby Schwartz's growth. 
  I had the same doctor with Haley and he had the same concern with her. I did end up getting a sonogram in the third tri-mester to determine growth for her. She was totally fine. Because of that I am not too terribly worried. Plus, I don't feel worried. The Dr. looked a tad concerned but he said it wasn't anything to loose sleep over. I kind of think it will turn out the same with Haley. 
  Maybe doctors are just so used to seeing people that have 8 and 9 pound babies that when they see a person who has 6 pound babies they start to get a tad concerned. 
  In two weeks when I get my ultrasound done I am also taking my glucose test. That should all be a ton of fun! Yay for that! This time instead of giving me the orange one to drink they gave me a red one. They say that the patients like the red ones the best. I didn't honestly mind the orange. Now, I guess I can give them my opinion on the matter.

2 comments:

  1. Let us know how that appointment goes. We will be thinking of you. Can't wait to meet the our little niece.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Sono went well. The babies growth looks good.

    ReplyDelete