Monday, June 13, 2011

Four days of rest and then. . . .

After I had Macie Thursday night at 6:05pm we stayed in the hospital until Saturday until about 2 pm or so. Sunday I didn't make it to church. Ryan stayed with me because I needed a little help still. Monday was a holiday and Tuesday Ryan started his new job. That left me home watching a very new newborn and an eighteen month old all by myself. I couldn't pick up my 18 month old because I had a second degree tare and if I did I would most likely tear my stitches.  Tuesday started out being a hard day. I didn't get much sleep at all the night before. I was trying to let Ryan sleep as much as possible considering he was starting a new position the next day.
   Macie was a sleep and Haley woke up for the morning. I went and got Haley. I took her potty, we washed her hands, and I got her breakfast. She had to sit at the little table because I couldn't pick her up to put her in the highchair. Right after I got Haley her breakfast I heard Macie. I went to get her. While I was changing her diaper I heard "clang, clang!." I hurried and finished putting a fresh diaper on Macie and ran into the kitchen. To my horror and surprise I found Haley standing on the dish-washer clanging two steak knifes together. (She is soooo dangerous) With a newborn in one arm I helped Haley put the knifes in the dish washer and get off of the dish washer. What a start to a morning.
  I wish I would of blogged this day earlier because I really can't remember the details after that. I know that by 11am I was calling Ryan up in tears and asking him if he was going to come home for lunch. He did make it home for lunch and that re-set my day.  I did have a better afternoon. The week seemed to drag on.  I was always very happy when Ryan could come home for lunch or my mom coming over after work until Ryan got home, or my sister coming over on Friday to give me some help!
  If Ryan wasn't starting a new position then he would of taken off to help me. I made it through and now the good thing is that we have the vacation we saved up for when the baby was born to use when Macie gets blessed. 

No comments:

Post a Comment